January 25, 2021
Beyond the Scope
By Max Easton (words) and Lizzie Nagy (artwork)
This comic was produced in collaboration with The Nib.
Lizzie Nagy is a Sydney-based comics maker and teacher, who loves to illustrate nonfiction best, because that’s where the good stories are. She likes amateur electronics and tries to solder things when she’s not busy drawing or teaching. Her work has been in The Lifted Brow and The Guardian.
- Vijay Prashad, “After Morales Ousted in Coup, the Lithium Question Looms Large in Bolivia,” Common Dreams, November 12, 2019, https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/12/after-morales-ousted-coup-lithium-question-looms-large-bolivia.
- Nicole Fabricant and Bret Gustafson, The Fall of Evo Morales,” Catalyst 4, no. 1 (Spring 2020): 105, https://catalyst-journal.com/vol4/no1/the-fall-of-evo-morales.
- “Justice System Abused to Persecute Opponents: Charges Against Evo Morales, Others Appear Politically Motivated,” Human Rights Watch, September 11, 2020, https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/09/11/bolivia-justice-system-abused-persecute-opponents.
- Benjamin Dangl, The Price of Fire: Resource Wars and Social Movements in Bolivia (Oakland: AK Press, 2007), 5–11.
- Ollie Vargas, “The Fight to Save Bolivia’s Lithium,” Kawsachun News, July 26, 2020, https://www.kawsachuncoca.com/index.php/2012-12-24-07-26-10/agencia-abi/item/1052-the-fight-to-save-bolivia-s -lithium.
- NASDAQ. (2015, December 1 – 2020, November 19). Microsoft Corporation (MSFT). [Tesla, Inc.]. Retrieved from https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFTI.
- Oliver Vargas, “A Hero’s Welcome: Inside Evo Morales’ Triumphant Return Tour,” Mint Press News, November 13, 2020, https://www.mintpressnews.com/heroes-welcome-inside-evo-morales-triumphant-return-bolivia/273074/.